We represent farmers, processors, transporters, breed organisations and any other party involved in the deer industry.
We give you a voice.
Welcome to Deer Industry
Association of Australia (DIAA)
As a member you receive the quarterly
Australian Deer Farmer (ADF) Magazine.
Keep up to date
Our Deer Vet Questions and Answers section answers some of the common deer questions that we received.
Have deer questions?
Our book shop has a big collection of books covering lots of different topics from deer farming to delicious recipes
Seen our deer books?
Check out our gifts for the ladies in your life. Perfect for birthdays, anniversarys or just because they'd like it.
A perfect gift for her?
Check out our gifts for the men in your life. Perfect for birthdays, anniversaries or just because.....
A perfect gift for him?
The Deer Industry Association of Australia (DIAA) represents farmers, processors, transporters, breed organisations and any other party involved in the deer industry.
As the national deer organisation the DIAA is the focus point for the industry.
It negotiates with Government agencies on many topics vital to the deer industry, including the use of levy funds and development of protocols for the export of venison and velvet. The more deer farmers it represents, the more effective the DIAA becomes.
- Unites the deer industry to common goals and objectives, locally and nationally
- Provides a national contact point for industry, government, media, international deer associations, etc.
- Provides the opportunity to influence the national development of the industry, eg: use of levy funds and the development of export protocols
- Access to Zone and Branch meetings with committee representatives and other local deer farmers, providing the opportunity to raise and discuss problems, access the latest information and generally participate in the direction and benefits of the industry locally and nationally
- Provides direct Canberra representation on all relevant policy issues
- Provides access to Rural Industry Research & Development Corporation (RIRDC) through Advisory and Policy forming committees, influencing levy expenditure. The development of the Five Year Research & Development Plan was a joint RIRDC/DIAA achievement
- Establishment and administration of the National Velvet Accreditation Scheme (NVAS). This formation of the NVAS has been instrumental in allowing velveting to continue in Australia
- Free membership to the National Velvet Accreditation Scheme (NVAS)
- Participation in the National Residue Testing Scheme (NRS) that ensures access to overseas markets
- Implementation of the national ‘Quality Assurance’ program
- Free subscription to the quarterly ‘Australian Deer Farming’ journal with regular contributions from the DIAA President and each State Branch in addition to the latest scientific and research information available
- DIAA is an alliance partner to WFI insurance which is one of Australia’s leading rural insurance companies
- Access to Branch and General meetings with full voting rights